Father's Day Bonus Pattern
Endless Love Scarf and Hat
Good morning Dearly Beloved Neaverlanders
In celebration of Father's Day 2018, I have prepared a video tutorial of a scarf and hat pattern for you.
The video tutorial for this luxurious, textured and warm set is available for free and you are most welcome to share the links to the videos.
The pattern name was chosen because it not only describes how most of us feel about our fathers, but also refers to the fact that we use 3 colours and only have a few ends to secure - hence ENDLESS LOVE. We carry the yarn up the side of the scarf using it to create a lovely edging. Ideal project if you don't like to sew away ends. This technique can be used for blankets and throws as well.
Click on the links below to access the videos:
This pattern uses the following techniques:
- Chainless foundation round using double crochet (dc);
- Using Front Post Double Crochet (fpdc) and Back Post Double Crochet Stitches (bpdc) to form a ribbed effect;
- Using 3 colours to get a striped effect;
- Carrying the 3 colours to avoid cutting after each row, i.e. minimal ends to secure;
- Fringing (optional);
- Using a magic circle / ring to start;
- Increasing to form a circle;
- Pom Pom (optional).
There is only a video tutorial available for this. I have not prepared a written pattern in this instance.
The pattern uses approximately 450g of Double Knit yarn in total - 150g of each of the 3 colours. I used Stylecraft Special DK for the samples used in the tutorial.
The pattern uses US terminology.
I hope you enjoy this bonus pattern. Remember to post some pictures to our Facebook group. We all love to see how you interpret the pattern and the different colour combinations used.
Sending love and light!